IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
Definitions and Interpretation
The following words and expressions have the following meanings unless inconsistent with the context:
“Compliance Officer” Hannah Southey who can be contacted by post at A-Chem Ltd, Dunsford Road, Meadow Lane Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7RH. or by email email@example.com
“Cookies” A small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive;
“GDPR” General Data Protection Act 2018 as amended from time to time;
“process” or “processing”
“sensitive personal data” as defined in the GDPR;
“we”, “us” or “our” A-Chem Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01510555 whose registered office is at Dunsford Road, Meadow Lane Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7RH and who may be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
“you”, “your” an individual, company, or firm accessing our Site.
- References to any statute or statutory provision include, unless the context otherwise requires, a reference to the statute or statutory provision as modified or re-enacted and in force from time to time, and any subordinate legislation made from time to time under the relevant statute or statutory provision.
- References to “persons ” include natural persons, firms, partnerships, companies, corporations, associations and organisations, (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality).
- Use of any gender includes the other genders.
- Words in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular.
- Any reference to “ writing” or any cognate expression includes communications by post and email but not facsimile or text messages.
- The headings to Conditions do not affect the interpretation of these Conditions.
- Any phrase introduced by the term “ include“, “including “, “ in particular ” or any similar expression will be construed as illustrative and will not limit the sense of the words preceding that term.
Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to address enquiries which you may make on our Site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal data.
Processing your personal data
What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
- When you contact us via the “Contact Us” link on our Site or contact us by telephone or email us we will collect personal data from you.
- Personal data may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
- The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other information collected through the “Contact Us” link on our Site.
What do we do with your personal data?
We will process your personal data so that:
- We can fulfil our obligations to you under any contract subject to the terms and conditions of our Site; and
- We can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the “Contact Us” link on our Site, by post or by email.
Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- the general administration of your records by us;
- the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
- for training of our staff and other internal procedures;
- for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us; and
- for our general marketing purposes unless you have notified us to the contrary.
Who else gets to see your personal data?
- Our data processors.
- Our distributors and trusted partners.
- Such couriers or fulfilment service providers used by us from time to time for the purposes of delivering goods to you, where applicable.
- Other third parties such as analytical or search engine providers in order to better optimise or improve our Site.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that may require personal data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Unless you have otherwise notified us to the contrary, other carefully selected companies who provide goods or services which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also need to disclose your personal information in the event that:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal data to a prospective buyer or seller;
- We are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold will be transferred to the third party acquiring our other assets; or
- We have a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, enforce a contract we have with you, or need to disclose personal data to protect our rights, property or safety and those of our visitors, customers or others.
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used for ‘direct marketing’ and/or ‘host mailing’ purposes (see Condition 4.2.5 and Condition 5.6 above). You can change your options in relation to the information you wish to receive at any time by contacting our Compliance Officer in writing by post or email.
- You have the right under the GDPR to request from us information as to what personal data we are processing about you. Such requests should be made in writing by post or email to the Compliance Officer. We will respond in accordance with the current legislation.
- You have the right to request corrections be made to the personal data held by us about you by contacting our Compliance Officer in writing by post or email.
- You have other rights under the GDPR in relation to our processing of your personal data.
Maintenance of your personal data
We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees and sub-contractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
Where applicable, you are responsible for keeping the password we have provided you with confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone, and we will not be liable for any breach of your personal data resulting from you having shared your password.
If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Compliance Officer.
If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal notice and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this legal notice or its subject matter.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to A-Chem Limited, Dunsford Road, Meadow Lane Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7RH. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.